We know how the other side thinks

Attorneys you can trust to protect your best interests.

Representation When Orders Are Not Complied With

When a divorce proceeding and all that comes with it concludes, it can feel refreshing to put the legal process behind you and begin to move forward. Unfortunately, legal issues surrounding divorce and family law matters do not always end when the divorce proceeding does.

The lawyers at Weisberg & Klauber, LLC, provide divorced individuals across New Jersey with experienced guidance on post-divorce motions, including enforcement. If your ex-spouse is not complying with a court order, you may be able to hold them accountable. We can assist by determining the most optimal route forward for your case and representing your interests in court.

When Can You Enforce A Court Order?

Enforcing a court order means to petition the court to force the offending party to comply with the original order. Post-divorce enforcements can address issues related to:

Common examples of noncompliance include refusal to sell the family home, failure to pay alimony or noncooperation in the division of the pension or retirement savings account. Enforcing the original order can compel them to both comply with the law and make amends, in some cases.

Determining The Best Route Forward For You

If your ex-spouse is not fulfilling their end of a court order, our attorneys will review your case to consider your available options. Upon determining that enforcement is the best route forward, we will file a motion to enforce litigants’ rights with the court.

For cases involving refusal to pay alimony, we will seek a court order directing all unsettled payments to be paid. We also will seek to have future payments be made through the county probation department to ensure an enforcement mechanism is in effect for the future.

We will then fight for the other party to comply and potentially make amends for their noncompliance. For cases involving refusal to pay alimony, we may ask for all unsettled payments to be paid and for future payments to be paid punctually. We will aggressively represent your interests while prioritizing a swift and amicable resolution when possible.

Discuss Your Case With An Attorney

With over three decades of experience, we can provide you with knowledgeable guidance throughout the process of pursuing a post-divorce motion. Learn more about how we can assist with your case by scheduling a consultation with us. Contact our Ocean Township or New Brunswick offices by calling 732-686-6440 or by sending us an email.