We know how the other side thinks

Attorneys you can trust to protect your best interests.

Prioritizing Your Concerns Throughout A Challenging Time

Many people who suffered a serious injury are navigating through the legal system for the first time and as a result, have many questions.

With over three decades of combined experience, the attorneys at Weisberg & Klauber, LLC, can provide sound and knowledgeable guidance to your case. To address several concerns you may have immediately, here are some of our most frequently asked questions:

How Much Will This Cost Me?

We offer free initial consultations for personal injury cases, where we discuss your case and expectations for it. We also operate on a contingency fee basis. Unless we successfully recover compensation for you, you will not pay.

One exception to this is that you are responsible for the costs associated with the case. This could include fees associated with hiring an outside expert, like a reconstructionist for motor vehicle crashes. We typically remove this amount from your settlement. We will always check with you first to approve such costs and ultimately, you will need to evaluate the costs and potential benefits of such elements.

What Should I Do After A Car Accident?

While the moments following a car accident can be a blur, important steps to take include:

  • Taking photos: If possible, take photos of the accident scene. This can help assert the cause of the crash and serve as key documentation in the case.
  • Taking notes: Also if possible, collect contact information from the other driver and any witnesses at the scene. Take notes following the accident while your memory is fresh on anything you can recall that you think may be important.
  • Calling an attorney: Seeking medical attention should be your first course of action. Once the extent of your injuries is known, a lawyer can help evaluate whether you may pursue damages.

Once we are involved, we will assist in determining the necessary next steps for your case.

What If I Am Partially Responsible?

New Jersey uses comparative negligence. If your own negligence contributed to the accident, the damages you receive will be reduced. For example, if you were 10% at fault while the other driver was 90% at fault, you are eligible to receive 90% of the available damages. An attorney can assist in navigating through New Jersey’s no-fault and comparative negligence rules following an accident.

Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer

Each personal injury case deserves personalized, dedicated attention. Schedule a free initial consultation at our Ocean Township or New Brunswick offices to learn more. Call 732-686-6440 or reach out to us online.